Tanque Verde Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration is the process of repairing and downplaying the amount of damage caused when you suffer an overflowing water situation or plumbing pipeline eruption. By coming up with fast, right choices you’ll ensure the damage is contained and keep it from turning into a bigger problem.
After a plumbing problem, or when one of our violent monsoons forces water damage to your property, you’ll need to start water damage mitigation as quickly as possible, otherwise you’ll have water immersed carpets and carpeting, damaged walls and drywall, warped timber flooring and damaged furniture that may not be able to be saved.
There are certain steps that you need to take to reduce the risk of your belongings being destroyed, prevent additional water damage and rehabilitate your residence or business to its original state.
Water standing and seeping into your property is ongoing and pervasive. It puts your prized possessions at risk- especially if you don’t get emergency response within 48 hours of the original event happening.
Tanque Verde Water Damage Companies
The most common forms of water damage is caused by a plumbing problem. A pipe erupts, a water heater bursting, a washing machine pipeline leaking, etc. When moisture get into your possessions there are certain, immediate actions that you need to take to lessen the amount of long-term damage that results.
Steps you should take immediately when you detect serious water damage:
- Don’t panic and make calm rational decisions
- Call a professional, quality restoration company as soon as possible
- Shut off the main water valve and any other water source
- Shut off the main electrical breakers before unplugging or removing any electrical appliances from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or drapes high off of wet carpets or water areas
- Lift and tack up any sofa or chair skirts on upholstered furniture
- Take books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that might stain wet carpeting out
Things to avoid when you find you have serious water damage:
- Don’t use your vacuum cleaner – you could get an electrical shock and will damage the unit
- Don’t place newspaper or printed paper on traffic areas – the ink will permanently stain the carpets
- Don’t walk on carpet if you don’t have to, keeping damage from spreading to other areas
Shop vacs or corporations that simply have carpet dehydrating equipment won’t prevent water from moving up walls, getting underneath baseboards and molding, or getting into sill plates. Water seeped through floor cover into the subfloors, which eventually will cause damage to areas below if you have a two story property.
If humidity inside isn’t controlled, belongings that were not affected by the original water damage will be ruined by assimilating moisture from the air in the room. Houses or dwellings that are not dehydrated out fast enough, or done properly, will be a perfect home for mold, which will mean even more professional services will be needed for mold removal.
Water Damage Cleanup Companies
Our water damage restoration specialists are trained in recent developmental procedures in order to make sure the entire property is dehydrated as soon as possible by utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and technologies.
Moisture meters are used to find water thats invisible to the naked eye or that hides behind walls and cabinets. Tucson Water Damage Pros will ensure that any wet materials, belongings and surfaces are entirely dry.
Because we know just how critical it is to act quickly when facing situations of emergency like flooding from erupting plumbing pipelines or storm water backup. Whenever you have water damage, smoke damage or fire damage, you can rely on us to provide the the kind of quick emergency measures and courteous professional services available 24 -hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have questions that you need answered, ask your Water Damage Restoration Contractor by clicking here, or by calling (520) 762-4340 for your free consultation on how to best approach a water damage emergency plan.