San Manuel Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration is the process of repairing and controlling the amount of damage caused when you experience a flooding issue or plumbing line breakage. By making quick, informed choices, you’ll make sure the damage is contained and keep it from becoming a bigger problem.
After a plumbing failure, or when one of our violent monsoons inflicts water damage to your property, you’ll need to begin water damage mitigation as soon as possible, or you’ll have water soaked carpetings and rugs, damaged walls and drywall, warped wood floors and damaged furniture that might not be able to be salvaged.
There are certain steps that you need to take to reduce the risk of your property being destroyed, avoid additional water damage and restore your house or business to its original condition.
San Manuel Water Damage Companies
Water standing and seeping into your property is progressive and pervasive. It puts your prized possessions at risk – especially if you don’t get quick, emergency response within 48 hours of the original event occurring.
The most common form of water damage is caused by a plumbing problem. A pipeline exploding, a water heater fail, a washing machine line bursting, etc. When moisture gets into your possessions there are certain, immediate actions that it are necessary to take to minimize the amount of long-term damage that can result.
Steps you should take immediately when you detect serious water damage:
- Don’t panic and make calm rational decisions
- Call a professional, quality restoration company as soon as possible
- Shut off the main water valve and any other water source
- Shut off the main electrical breakers before unplugging or removing any electrical appliances from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or drapes high off of wet carpets or water areas
- Lift and tack up any sofa or chair skirts on upholstered furniture
- Take books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that might stain wet carpeting out
Things to avoid when you find you have serious water damage:
- Don’t use your vacuum cleaner – you could get an electrical shock and will damage the unit
- Don’t place newspaper or printed paper on traffic areas – the ink will permanently stain the carpets
- Don’t walk on carpet if you don’t have to, keeping damage from spreading to other areas
- Shop vacs or companies that merely have carpet dehydrating equipment won’t keep water from moving up walls, get under baseboards and molding or getting into sill plates. Water seeps through floor coverings into the subfloors, which eventually will cause damage to areas below if you have a multi level property.
If humidity inside isn’t controlled, belongings that were not affected by the original water damage will be ruined by taking in moisture from the air in the rooms. Properties that aren’t dehydrated fast enough, or dried out properly, are going to be a perfect dwelling for mold, which will make even more professional services needed to be hired for mold removal.
Water Damage Cleanup Companies
Our water damage restoration experts are trained in the most recent developments and procedures in order to make sure the entire property is dried as quickly as possible by applying state-of-the-art equipment and technologies.
Moisture meters are used to find liquid thats invisible to the naked eye or that hides behind walls or cabinets. Tucson Water Damage Pros will ensure that any wet substances, belongings and surfaces are thoroughly dry.
Because we know just how critical it is to act quickly when facing emergency situations like floods from broken plumbing lines or storm water backup. Whenever you have water, smoke or fire damage, you can rely on us to provide the the type of quick emergency response and polite professional service – and we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have questions you need answered, ask your Water Damage Restoration Contractor by clicking here, or by calling (520) 762-4340 for your free consultation regarding how to best apply a water damage emergency plan.