Rio Rico Water Damage Restoration
The most common forms of water damage is caused by a plumbing failure. A pipe bursting, a water heater failing, a washing machine line leaking, etc. Immediate steps that you need to take to lessen the amount of long-term damage that results when water gets into your valuables.
Water standing and seeping into your property is pervasive and progressive. If you don’t get emergency response within 48 hours of the original event happening, it puts your valuables at risk.
After a plumbing failure, or when one of our violent monsoon storms causes water damage to your property, you’ll need to begin water damage mitigation as quickly as possible, otherwise you’ll have water soaked rugs and carpeting, damaged walls and drywall, warped wood flooring and damaged furniture that may not be able to be saved.
Rio Rico Water Damage companies
Water damage restoration is the process of minimizing the amount and repairing of damage caused when you experience a flood or plumbing line bursting. By making fast, correct choices you’ll ensure the damage is contained and keep it from turning into a bigger problem.
There are certain steps that you need to take to reduce the risk of your property being destroyed, prevent additional water damage and restore your home or business to its original state.
Steps you should take immediately when you detect serious water damage:
- Don’t panic and make calm rational decisions
- Call a professional, quality restoration company as soon as possible
- Shut off the main water valve and any other water source
- Shut off the main electrical breakers before unplugging or removing any electrical appliances from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or drapes high off of wet carpets or water areas
- Lift and tack up any sofa or chair skirts on upholstered furniture
- Take books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that might stain wet carpeting out
Things to avoid when you find you have serious water damage:
- Don’t use your vacuum cleaner – you could get an electrical shock and will damage the unit
- Don’t place newspaper or printed paper on traffic areas – the ink will permanently stain the carpets
- Don’t walk on carpet if you don’t have to, keeping damage from spreading to other areas
Water Damage Cleanup Companies
Dehumidification is another essential step in the cleaning process to get evaporated moisture out of the air and prevent further secondary damage. No matter the extent of the water damage, the contamination can spread quickly and serious health hazards can happen if the property isn’t dried out immediately and thoroughly. We specialize in extraction of moisture and expert cleaning and sanitation of all flooring in your home or commercial property to maximize the carpets and flooring that can be saved.
Water that stays standing for a long period of time will continue to do more and more damage to the property, unless it is completely removed. If left unchecked over time, even a small amount of water can do tremendous damage to an otherwise perfectly sound property and render it entirely uninhabitable.
Because of this, water damage restoration procedures need to be started as quickly as possible, preferably within 24 hours of when it started, or, in the worst case, 48 hours. Don’t wait to call us at Tucson Water Damage Pros as soon as you are aware of a problem, before your small water damage problem turns into something that gets beyond your control. Call us at 520-762-4340.