Eloy Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration is the process of repairing and minimizing the amount of damage that occurs after a flood or plumbing line bursting. By taking quick, appropriate measures you will make sure the damage is contained and keep it from becoming a bigger issue.
Water damage mitigation will be needed after a plumbing failure or when one of our extreme monsoon storms causes water damage your property. Water soaked rugs and carpeting, damaged walls and drywall, warped wood flooring and damaged furniture is what will happen if mitigation isn’t begun as soon as possible.
There are certain specific steps that need to be taken to reduce the risk of property destruction, prevent more water damage and restore your property to its original state.
Water standing and seeping into your property is progressive, pervasive and puts your valuables at risk – especially if emergency response is not taken within 48 hours of the original event.
The most common forms of water damage is caused by a plumbing failure in your property. When moisture gets into valuables there are specific, immediate steps that need to be taken to reduce the amount of long-term damage that can result.
Eloy Water Damage Companies
Steps you should take immediately when you detect serious water damage:
- Don’t panic and make calm rational decisions
- Call a professional, quality restoration company as soon as possible
- Shut off the main water valve and any other water source
- Shut off the main electrical breakers before unplugging or removing any electrical appliances from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Put aluminum foil under legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift any curtains or drapes high off of wet carpets or water areas
- Lift and tack up any sofa or chair skirts on upholstered furniture
- Take books, papers, fabrics, shoes, potted plants or other items that might stain wet carpeting out
Things to avoid when you find you have serious water damage:
- Don’t use your vacuum cleaner – you could get an electrical shock and will damage the unit
- Don’t place newspaper or printed paper on traffic areas – the ink will permanently stain the carpets
- Don’t walk on carpet if you don’t have to, keeping damage from spreading to other areas
Water Damage Restoration Companies
Shop vacs or companies that only have carpet drying equipment won’t keep water from moving up walls, getting underneath baseboards and molding or getting into sill plates. Water seeps through floor coverings into the subfloors, which eventually will cause damage to rooms below if you have a multi story property.
If humidity inside isn’t controlled, belongings that were not affected by the original water damage will be ruined by absorbing moisture from the air in the rooms. Buildings or homes that are not dried out fast enough, or done properly, will be a perfect home for mold, which will cause even more professional services to be hired for mold removal.
Our water damage restoration specialists are trained in the most recent procedures in order to make sure the entire property is dried as quickly as possible by using state-of-the-art equipment and technologies.
Moisture meters are used to find water thats invisible to the naked eye or that hides behind walls and cabinets. Tucson Water Damage Pros will guarantee that any wet materials, belongings and surfaces are completely dry.
Because we know just how critical it is to act fast when facing an emergency like flooding from burst plumbing lines or storm water backup. Whenever you have water damage, smoke damage or fire damage, you can rely on us to provide the the type of quick emergency response and courteous professional service available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you have questions you need answered, ask your water damage restoration contractor by clicking here, or by calling (520) 762-4340 for your free consultation on how to best approach a water damage emergency plan.