Water Damage Restoration Experts for the Tucson Area
Water damage is a lot more than just staining and discoloration from water. The excess water from leaking pipes or flooding can cause a lot of damage, like toxic mold, bacteria, and even deterioration to the very foundation of your property. When you have water damage, you need to have it cleaned up by professionals that know how to handle all of these issues. Tucson Water Damage Pros is one of Arizona’s leading water and mold remediation companies. We are ready to take on even the worst cases of water damage.
After making sure that the property is secure, the first step of the water damage restoration process is to remove any standing water. This is removed with truck-mounted and if needed, submersible pumps. Moisture then can be removed from within surfaces using commercial-grade wet vacs. In some surfaces, like hardwood floors, water is removed with squeegees and injection-dry systems.
What to do:
- Call Tucson Water Damage Pros right away, because water damage and bacteria growth can take root in a short period of time.
- Shut the source off the water off.
- Mop up and remove as much water as possible yourself.
- Remove any area rugs or other stand alone floor coverings that are wet, but don’t try removing any of the wall-to-wall carpet.
- Pull drapes and window coverings up off the floor, loop them through a coat hanger, placing the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe the furniture as dry as possible, take wet furniture cushions and prop them up so they can dry evenly. Put aluminum foil under furniture legs or raise the furniture away from the exposure to moisture.
- Take any photos, paintings and art objects and move them to a safe, dry location.
- Rather than removing books from the shelves, pack them tightly in boxes to prevent the pages from warping until they can be put through a specialized drying process.
- Open all drawers, closet and cabinet doors to create airflow and facilitate the drying process.
What not to do:
- Don’t enter a room with standing water unless the electricity has been turned off.
- Don’t use a normal household vacuum cleaner for removing water.
- Don’t pull up tacked down carpet unless you have professional help.
- Don’t use any electrical appliances while you’re standing on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t disturb any visible mold.
- Don’t turn on any lights or ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and don’t enter rooms where ceilings look wet or if they’re sagging.
Water Damage Companies
Questions about pricing, services or appointment availability? Interested in learning about our Tucson Water Damage services? Call us now at (520) 762-4340?
If it’s after hours consider using the “Let’s Get Started” form on the right hand side of the page, and we will respond to you promptly.